Black Tuesday, or, International Quirkyalone Day
Black Tuesday is around the corner. In college, I would wear all black on Valentine’s Day. There’s a teeny weeny part of me that would like to uphold that tradition.
But, no! On Tuesday, I will be celebrating International Quirkyalone Day instead. Because I have always “preferred being single to dating for the sake of dating.”
I’ll buy myself a flower and spend some time with other single friends.
Here are 10 things that the founder of Quirkyalone, Sasha Cagen, suggests that people do to celebrate IQD:
1. Explore a new part of town—be a tourist in your own city.
2. Get a massage.
3. Buy yourself new underwear.
4. Rearrange your furniture.
5. Be creative, doing whatever it is you like to do (write, paint, sew, upholster furniture, surf, make art of out dryer lint).
6. Be creative with friends. Have an arts and crafts party or cook a meal together.
7. Buy yourself or a friend a bunch of daisies. Daisies are the official flower of the quirkyalone movement.
9. Volunteer for a cause you believe in.
9. Get cozy in bed with a book. Quirkyalone: A Manifesto for Uncompromising Romantics would of course be a good choice.
10. Come to or host a quirkyalone party!